Monday, November 15, 2010

My symbiotic relationship with QA


it has been over 10 months in QA , and months seemed to flip over in a blink. I came as a fresher from ilp and seriously had no idea what was am I doing ? in very initial stages of the graduation we developed this inception that QA is good for nothing , u waste urself in QA. Well the blog is not about who is better QA or Dev. Its about what am I doing in QA and what is QA doing to me . it’s a symbiotic relationship . lets see through what all we have done to each other.
Day 1 : it’s always filled with anxiety and insecurity blended with zeal to mark my presence. But what u decide is not always what u get, sometimes things are quite better and sometimes they shake ur core.
Next few days : when the anxiety is gone, it clears the picture of what u have in front is not the very same u thought of. For example , when I started my first regression I was cautious in every step that I did , every communication that I wrote . I always wanted image processing , as I like images in memory. I don’t know what should I call this , I became more cautious in even speaking to strangers. Like they were some application and I have to do an analysis of them.
After a month , when u are well absorbed in the team. Now is the time when we are introduced to status mails and scenario writing. This is the point where the complexity starts developing. As a new bee I was never sure of what is a scenario about. And every day I had to write a status mail to tell the oldies what I did. And soon this became a characteristic feature of my personality when I gave my status for the day to my mom and told my girlfriend what issues was I facing in application? Gosh!!! what am I doing ? but this had a positive node also attached to it , that was I started analyzing my self and I am sure this will help , at least in choosing new girl friend.
Another feature that got introduced in my personality was during transition. I always felt like the kid of “Tare Zameen Pe”, all lost among the stars n galaxies during KT session. I treated my self as Troy, who can always cut through the application. When I was kid , I used to break down all the toys cars n gadgets that I had, open them and fix them. I guess that is what I do in QA also. I testify the applications for users but me as an application has loads of bugs. I can make a statement here that I never found good testers in life who could identify them :P.
Now the analytical ability to identify and verify the business flows is more habitual . I don’t have to think analytically , my thinking process has turned analytical. I tend to find analytical solutions and reason for not only work but in situations that my friends are in. I patiently listen to them , wow this is also what QA did to me J, made me patient. They just want to speak out their frustration and we being analytical think they want a solution. So I just provide them business solutions. One suggestion to all my tester community , don’t put on ur thinking when u speak to ur girl / boy, coz this may help u in business but might land u in deep trouble with the one . To deal with ur loved ones read ‘Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus’.
QA made me a better analyst , patient and intellectual person but at the same time made me more confused in deal with my self. I don’t spin the coin in air to decide what I want rather I do think what would be optimum. I think of scenarios and plan out the strategy just as the way I do at work but that nullifies the fun of unpredictable nature of life. Here we come closure of this nonsense where I made no point and thus managed to make u either more confused or plant the inception of getting confused. Yippy QA is too good in this. Cheers , Good night and good Luck .
My symbiotic relationship with QASocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

3 comments:

  1. amazing post bro...thanks for touching all the tester's heart :) keep blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can feel the every word u wrote, bro.. it vl help sum ppl like me to learn in future :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. bhai anshul kya likha hai tune yaar.....
    I felt like u narrated my own life of last 6 months.....
    Great one dude....
    will be waiting for the next one:)

    ReplyDelete